The Student News Site of Cypress High School

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Football Goes To Semi-Finals

photo by Noah Cerda
Varisty players butting heads during the semi-finals.

The Centurions football team fell to the Mira Costa Mustangs on Thursday, November 9th with a score of 27-45 in the CIF semifinals. Still, many good things came from this year’s football season. “Good things; we won seven games,” Varsity Football Coach Feldman commented, “we made the quarter-finals…and being a part of a team that many consider successful.” 

Coach Feldman led the team to the semi-finals this season, after an appearance in the finals last year. (photo by Noah Cerda)

This was an amazing way to end the season for the seniors, with numerous wins and fighting their way to CIF’s. Varsity starting left tackle Hayden Frazier, though he is sad that this is his last High School season, he is glad that, “there’s a lot to look back on and be happy about…we overcame a lot of adversity with injuries, and we won our first round of playoffs!” Frazier used music such as his favorite artists, Biggie Smalls and Tupac to overcome his anxiety before big games. 

Senior Kainoa Salanoa, Varsity receiver and backup quarterback mentioned, “It was a really good team…It was hard for us to try to come back with the lead that they had, but we all knew we wanted it bad.” 

This was the last game of the season for the Cypress Centurions, but they had a great season overall.