The Student News Site of Cypress High School

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Kung Fu Panda 4 Released March 8th

photo by Roberto Cardenas
Kung Fu Panda 4

On March 8th the movie Kung Fu Panda 4 was released. The Dreamworks production is a heartfelt family movie about friendship and trust. It made around 100 million worldwide, making it the 9th highest-grossing movie of 2024. 

The movie starts out with Po trying to find a new dragon warrior because he is pressured by Master Shifu to become the new spiritual leader of the Valley of Peace. He sets off and meets a thieving fox named Zhen but little does he know she is working for the main villain of the movie that goes by The Chameleon. Zhen’s motive was to steal Po’s Staff of Wisdom to return it to the shape-shifting villain. Po didn’t know what was going on so he set off with Zhen to fight The Chameleon. She betrays him and takes the staff, giving it to The Chameleon. Po feels betrayed but beats The Chameleon ultimately saving the day then making Zhen the new Dragon Warrior.

When it was revealed Zhen was working for The Chameleon the audience was sure shocked. There was barely any sign of it which is probably why it got such a big reaction. Another big jaw-dropper was when Po was shoved off the mountain by The Chameleon. Weirdly a lot of the audience members didn’t like Zhen. Audience members had some strong things to say about her, one comment being,”I hate her.”

The movie was given a 6.6 IMDb and a 71% score on Rotten Tomatoes. On Google it was given 3.7 out of 5. Surprisingly it had made a lot of money in the box office despite it being so low in ratings. Some of the cast had returned although The Furious Five had not been present in this movie. It could’ve been because the actors didn’t want to do it but in the movie, it was explained that they were all on separate missions.