Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Boys Volleyball Makes It To CIF Round 2

photo by Boys Volleyball
With defense by Saugat Shrestha and Kaegan Ramdhani, the team went all the way to the CIF playoffs

For the sixth year in a row, Boys Volleyball fought their way into CIF playoffs. With a season record of 19 wins and five losses, the team ended their season in the second round with a 3-0 loss against University High School. 

This season was especially tough for the team, with nearly half of the team injured or hurt. “I haven’t been playing at my full potential,” says Freshman outside Nathan Chaidez, “It cost us a lot because I wasn’t able to get a lot of points for my team.” Freshman setter Marco Ramirez was “sad that the season is ending, but excited because there are so many more years to go.” 

Sophomore Jaiden Ramos was in his first year on Varsity. (photo by Boys Volleyball)

Outside hitter Arthur Hoang said, “I’m pretty bummed out and I’m really gonna miss my team. I thought it was really an unfortunate situation but it shouldn’t be an excuse for us to underperform. However, I think that every senior gave it their all this year and I’ll miss the bond we built with our team.”

Setter Noah Zapanta said, “I’m upset that our season ended short, but hopefully I can come back next year and coach the underclassmen and play against Trace next year. It’s kind of upsetting, but I wish I could’ve seen the outcome if we were all healthy.” Despite the outcome, Zapanta is grateful for the connections he was able to make with his teammates. 

Libero Jaiden Ramos said, “I’m very sad that tracey-wacey is leaving, and I’m going to miss my captains. They were such great role models and they really helped us become better athletes both on and off the court.” This year is Ramos’ first year on varsity, and Ramos advises new players to “just tough it out on the court and wing it, I guess, and just be you on the court.” 

Though the team wasn’t able to play to their full athletic potential, they will continue to work hard and train to push further into CIF next season.