The Student News Site of Cypress High School

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Where Our Centurions Are Headed!

Cypress+High+School+seniors+will+be+headed+towards+their+next+chapter%3A+college.+
photo by Deborah Son
Cypress High School seniors will be headed towards their next chapter: college.

Cypress High School’s beloved seniors are proudly headed toward college. For the last four years, these students have been working their way through thick and thin and conquering challenges.

Aidan Houston is committed to UCLA, majoring in Pre-Business Economics and International Business Relations. (photo by Deborah Son)

Aidan Houston, ASB President and Prom King, is committed to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). He will be double majoring in Pre-Business Economics and International Business Relations. Houston said he loves “the diversity we have on campus” and “working with people from different backgrounds.”

Harmony Park, another CHS senior, is committed to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD). She will be majoring in Urban Studies and Planning. Waiting for a few more college acceptances, Park is excited to make memories and visit new cafes with her friends. “My favorite part of Cypress High School is lunch because it is a time to fully communicate with friends. I also admire the teachers, Ms. Vu and Mr. Fournier for their hard work and dedication to students,” she said. 

Harmony Park is committed to UCSD, majoring in Urban Studies and Planning. (photo by Deborah Son)

Maham Bawany is a senior at Cypress High School who will be attending Cypress College next year. Her plan is to major in Computer Science and create a pathway. Bawany’s favorite memory at Cypress High School is senior prom because of all the memories she made with her friends. “Thank you to the people of Cypress for being so kind and giving me an enjoyable high school education experience,” she said. 

Aidan Butcher, a senior at Cypress High School, is committed to California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) and will be majoring in Psychology. Butcher’s favorite memory at Cypress High School was Senior Bowling because it was enjoyable and simplistic. “Cypress gives you dozens of opportunities for all walks of life, make sure to take advantage of everything you can,” he said. 

Senior Justin Rojas will be attending Cypress College next year. He is majoring in Automotive Engineering. “I chose Automotive Engineering because I have always been into cars because of my dad. I like knowing how things work,” he said. For the remainder of his time at Cypress High School, Rojas is looking forward to spending time with his girlfriend. 

With college offers rolling out, and decisions being made, seniors are looking forward to their futures.