The Student News Site of Cypress High School

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Abigail: The Best Horror Movie of 2024?

Actress+Alisha+Weir+played+the+role%2C+Abigail.+
photo by Roger Ebert
Actress Alisha Weir played the role, Abigail.

“Abigail” is a 2024 American vampire horror comedy film directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpinan. Based on and a reimagining of the 1936 Universal Classic Monsters film “Dracula’s Daughter” the film follows a group of kidnappers who capture the daughter of a powerful underworld figure and demand $50 million for her release but little do they know they are about to go through the rapid nightmare that is Abigail.

In “Abigail” the vampire ballerina character is portrayed by actress Sarah Abbott doing a great job as the vampire ballerina as this is one of her first lead roles.

The setting of the movie is an old mansion that adds to the overall creepiness, making it the perfect backdrop for the unfolding horror. The film’s visual effects and sound design further enhance the chilling atmosphere, keeping viewers on the edge.

The plot unfolds when a sweet little girl Abigail transforms into a vampire ballerina, causing the group to flee in terror. In distress, the group of kidnappers discuss ways to kill Abigail but nothing seems to work on this little vampire ballerina. The film also explores themes of family, secrets, and the darkness that can lurk within seemingly ordinary lives. 

Overall, “Abigail” is a gripping horror movie that will satisfy fans of the genre and will keep you scared from the beginning to the end. If you’re a fan of horror movies and love thrillers this is a must watch as “Abigail” is expressed as one of the scariest movies of 2024.