Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

AUHSD Seniors Visit Medieval Times

photo by Vincent Hopkins
Seniors cheered as the knights lined up to compete.

High school seniors from across the district gathered at Medieval Times on March 5, stepping into a realm of knights and queens. As students entered the lobby, they were greeted with souvenirs, beckoning them to embark on a journey through time.

The air buzzed with excitement as students eagerly explored the lobby, with anticipation for the night’s festivities. When the doors opened at 7:30pm servers in medieval attire led the students into the arena, where each school was represented. Each color had their own trained knight who competed against other knights in proper chivalry. Cypress was represented by orange. The noise in the arena was thunderous since every high school was showing off their school pride. 

Each school was represented by a knight. (photo by Madison Spicer)

Throughout the show, students were treated to a three-course feast. The courses consist of chicken legs, garlic bread and an array of savory sauces. For the vegetarian option, there were crisp carrots, warm pita bread, creamy hummus, soup, corn, and savory potatoes.

As students savored the medieval-style food, there were many great stunts the knights did. Trained horses executed graceful dances to catchy tunes, while hawks soared overhead, shocking the audience with their amazing fights. The knights engaged in exciting sword battles, receiving cheers and applause from the crowd. As the knights were fighting, students were screaming for their respective knights to win, encouraging their own knights. 

Senior Akbar Shaikh said, “I enjoyed the sword fights between the knights.” The arena was filled with exciting energy throughout the show. 

In a climactic finale, victory was claimed by Kennedy’s noble champion, ending a glorious moment in an evening filled with excitement.