Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Planning The Perfect Promposal!

photo by Rehansa Kulatilleke
Only A Lucky Few Get The Promposals Of Their Dreams

Traditionally, the action of asking people out to prom has been a prominent part of many high school experiences. Over the years, prom has grown into an event that primarily focuses on one of two things: the endless number of photos taken by the end of the night and, the memories that follow. More and more creative ideas have been constructed for these promposals. In light of these comical signs, whether with your friends or with a significant other, promposals have become an event that many have been looking forward to during their high school years. 

Kaiden Desai asked Rylee Schneider to the 2024 Cypress Prom. (Photo by Rylee Schneider)

This year, one of the many promposals at Cypress included an on-theme promposal done by Kaiden Desai. Rylee Schneider remembers leaving her house during that day to meet up with Desai. Little did she know that right outside her house was Desai with flowers and a sign that read “In A City Of Stars Will You Shine With Me @ Prom.” Schneider was shocked since she hadn’t had a chance to stop and think about whether or not she was going to be asked out. Schneider says, “I had a feeling [she would be asked out to prom] because he brought up prom once or twice but I was never 100% sure.”

As the prom season continues, more and more creative ideas spread from one school to another. This year’s prom was held at AV Irvine with the main theme being the highly favored movie, La La Land.