Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Cypress Centurion Games

Students are currently participating in the Centurion Games to showcase school spirit and raise funds for support of CHOC. (photo by Yosuany (Yoshi) Vazquez Moreno)

ASB runs the Centurion Games annually, raising money for the CHOC Foundation, as well as awareness for CHOC and their cause to help children patients from their hospitals in need. On Wednesday, March 20, the entire school was on assembly schedule in order to allow all students to see the Dodgeball team finals.

The orange team was defeated 1-3 by the blue team in Human Foosball on 3/18.

This year, the games being played include: Inner Tube Water Polo, Dodgeball, Human Foosball, Cornhole, Home Run Derby, and Spikeball. ASB Athletics Commissioner, Jackson Houston, says, “Any Cypress High student is allowed to participate.” 

This year’s games allow the students to have fun and commit to the five C’s, as well as play to help raise money and awareness for children in need. The games include communication, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking and character/compassion between all the teams, the orange team, Freshmen and Seniors versus the blue team, Sophomores and Juniors.

As of now, over $3,000 have been raised from the games,with the goal of $5,000. Alex Safo, Spirit Commissioner, is confident CHS will reach the goal. “Last year we raised six thousand dollars,” he said.