Drenched In Success: Cypress High School Girls Water Polo Team Makes a Splash In the Season

photo by Cypress Yearbook
This year, the team made it all the way to the first round of CIF.

The girls water polo team from Cypress High School has been making waves with their impressive performances in recent matches. Demonstrating exceptional skills and teamwork, they have won several challenging games.

In a closely contested match against Tustin High School, the Cypress girls displayed their determination and skill, emerging victorious with a final score of 10-8. Their strategic plays and coordinated efforts were key factors in their success.

Continuing their winning streak, the team faced off against Valencia High School. With a strong defensive game and well-executed offensive maneuvers, the Cypress girls dominated the pool, clinching an 11-4 victory.

Cypress Highschool Girls’ Water Polo Team Celebrating A Successful Season (photo by Coach Potter)

The team’s success continued as they took on Redlands East Valley High School. Through their relentless efforts and precise execution, the Cypress girls outperformed their opponents, resulting in a well-deserved win. The final score of 5-0 reflected their control of the game.

The girls’ hard work and commitment to excellence were evident in their matches against St. Lucy and Burroughs High School. With a final score of 15-8, they showcased their skills and teamwork, leaving no doubt about their capabilities in the pool.

While their winning streak was remarkable, the team faced a challenging match against San Dimas High School. In a closely fought battle, the Cypress girls gave their all but fell short, losing by a narrow margin of 7-6. 

Coach Garret Potter expressed pride in the team’s accomplishments, emphasizing the dedication and effort they have put into their training. “I’m excited about the game Tuesday because it’ll be our first CIF game, and the girls are tense but hopeful,” Coach Potter said.

The Cypress High School girls’ water polo team gave it their all against Flintridge Sacred Heart High School. Goalie Sarah Vaca said “I thought it was a good game, everyone played their hardest and didn’t give up.” It was an intense match, but unfortunately, they faced a tough opponent and ended up losing in the first round with a score of 15-9.