Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

One Love For Bob Marley

photo by Cara Karpan
The new film, One Love, describes many facets of Bob Marley’s life, including some that the average listener would not know.

Bob Marley: One Love, is a movie that celebrates Bob Marley’s life and music which famously include messages about things like social justice, human rights, peace, love and unity. The movie will showcase Bob Marley’s story about overcoming adversity, and the challenges he went through like his two-year exile in London, his making his exodus album, and his return to Jamaica where he held a concert which helped ease political tensions in his country. 

During the movie, the viewers can see Bob Marley growing up, from his years as a kid to a young and grown adult. During these years it explains what Bob Marley went through, his mother leaving him as a young child, all of the violence going on in his country, being exiled and sent to London, and surviving an assassination attempt that wounded him, his wife, and his manager who took a bullet for him. Bob Marley had an assassination attempt on him and then got sent to exile in London which is where he made his Exodus album with some of his most famous songs. While he is in London, his wife sees him holding a ring from the Prince of Ethiopia which plays an important role at the end of the movie.

At the end of the movie, Bob Marley returns to Jamaica and performs in front of hundreds to thousands of people which helps ease political tensions happening in his country. Once he returns to his home at the end it cuts to a scene where Bob Marley is a child and sees the Prince on a horse, gifting him the ring and telling him to come back home to Jamaica.