Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Unforgettable Season Wrap Up

photo by Qureshi
Every game is a chance to be better.

Soccer Season Wraps Up with Team Reflections

As the soccer season comes to a close, players from our school’s soccer team took a moment to reflect on their experiences, challenges, and triumphs throughout the season.

Captains Lead the Way:

Andrea Dominguez and Cesar Soriano, both senior captains, shared their insights into leadership and handling pressure. Dominguez emphasized the importance of resilience, reminding us that every outcome serves a purpose. Soriano highlighted the bond among teammates, a sentiment echoed by many, “Don’t take the moment for granted, it’ll be gone before you know it, ” Soriano said.  

Lessons Learned and Influential Figures:

Players like Lily Asham and Peter Batsaras looked to family and friends for inspiration. Lily Asham, a freshman, drew strength from her brother and church community, while Batsaras credited his dad for instilling a love for the sport. “No matter how tired you are or how hard it is, keep fighting,” Asham said.  

From facing tough opponents like Valencia to overcoming personal obstacles, each player recognized areas for improvement. Raul Mora and Olivia Linares emphasized agility and adaptability, while Katie Moore focused on leadership and distribution. “I am really grateful I got to be teammates and the captain of so many great people and create memories, ” Moore had said. 

Team Highlights and Unforgettable Moments:

From thrilling victories to hard-fought ties, the season was marked by unforgettable moments. Brian Rothery celebrated the camaraderie of the team, while Connor Somers cherished the energy of senior night. Ivy Nguyen found pride in the team’s perseverance, even in the face of adversity.

Looking Ahead:

As the season concludes, players like Moore, a freshman goalkeeper, eagerly anticipate the future, ready to support their teammates and continue growing as individuals and as a team.

With each player’s unique perspective and contribution, this season was truly one to remember. As they hang up their cleats until next season, they leave behind a legacy of teamwork, determination, and passion for the game.

“We are so proud of our Boys and Girls soccer programs this season. Coach Jamir took our boys through a successful season (one game shy of CIF Championship competition). Coach Jamir has worked to develop our soccer program this year and the athletes have stepped up and are more cohesive, disciplined, and trained. Coach Woiemberghe has coached our Lady Centurions into CIF Round One. It has been an exciting season and our ladies are aggressive and talented on the pitch,” Athletic Director Sean Pfeiffer said.