Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

New Class Will Focus On Energy and Environment

photo by Cara Karpan
Mr. Gartner is debuting a new course next year called Innovations In Green Technology.

Cypress High School is at the front of educational innovation, offering students an opportunity to join a new course next year which is unique to Cypress. Allowing students to dive into the realm of green technology.

Cypress High School is committed to providing diverse course options for students, giving a wide range of options including a new class coming next year, Innovations in Green Technology or Energy, Environment and Utilities. 

Although some challenges arise in scheduling due to our school’s variety of courses offered, the school prioritizes accommodating student requests within its master schedule. According to Head Counselor Ms. Mary Binford she thinks it will be “a great opportunity for Cypress students to have another option.”

Mr. Gartner’s new class, Innovations in Green Technology, (which will be titled Energy, Environment and Utilities 1,) is an introduction to being prepared to use electricity, and electricity itself. Mr.Gartner’s goal for this class is for students to understand how wiring works so if students needed to rewire their house, for example, they will be prepared. According to Mr. Gartner, “This class is very hands-on, there’s no homework, it’s all project based.” Students enrolled in the class will be working and accomplishing goals by understanding electricity through physical means, instead of just theory. This class will help with many career choices such as, being an electrician apprentice, going to trade school, going through more school and becoming an electrical engineer, and working on electrical grids.

The first part of the semester will be about electrical grids, while the second semester will be about actually learning to build a self-sustaining solar grid. 

Cypress High School will be giving students the opportunity to try new unique courses next year.