The Student News Site of Cypress High School

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Cypress Small Businesses

Highlighting Cypresses thriving Businesses
photo by Brianna Naranjo
Cypress Board and Brews as well as Coaches Corner are two business highlighted in our story! Make sure to check them out!

There are several local businesses scattered around the city of Cypress including establishments like Coach’s Corner Pizza and Brews and Board and Brews. These two businesses are highlighted, featuring history, events, and success. 

One of Cypress’ biggest supporters is Coach’s Corner Pizza and Brews located at 4756 Lincoln Ave, Cypress, CA 90630. The freshman football coach, Efrain Valdez is one of the managers and he said the connection goes back to when Coach’s Corner opened in July 2019. Generations of Cypress students have worked at Coach’s Corner. The present owner is Cypress’ softball coach, Terry Thompson. Currently, two workers at Coach’s Corner are students enrolled at Cypress. Although they have been relocated to a new address, Cypress High School is thankful for all their support. After a football game or a cross-country race, students can enjoy a nice meal at Coach’s Corner. Valdez said, “We love supporting our community! Go Cypress!”

Board and Brews is a new business, holding a grand opening celebration at 5253 Katella Ave suite 100, Cypress, CA 90720. From January 26-28, Board and Brews will be offering a “Buy One Sando, Get One Free” with RSVP on their website. There are also opportunities for a chance to win staycations, golf outings, gift cards, and more through a drawing, which will benefit The Youth Center and Los Alamitos. Students from Los Alamitos High School and Cypress High School are actively working after-school shifts. Board and Brews chose their location because of their familiarity with the neighborhood. Currently, there are 28 chain stores all across the United States. Their most popular items on the menu are the Turkado and Chicken Club. 

Cypress is home to thriving small businesses that make Cypress students feel at home while enjoying a nice meal.