Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Impeccable Holiday Choir Show Captivates Crowd With Each Note

Teacher Hollie Jones Helped Students Share The Holiday Magic
photo by Rehansa Kulatilleke
Sophomore Rishika Sharma used sign language during one portion of the show.

The Cypress Choir, on the crisp evening of December 15th, held a warm and festive show to capture the nostalgia and enchantment of the season. Directed by Hollie Jones and choreographed by Aimee Mauzey and Karina Alfajora. The show was more than just a concert, it was an invitation to share the magic in the seasons and connect everyone with familiar tunes from across the world. 

Although there are different choral groups, they are dedicated to working together. (photo by Rehansa Kulatilleke)

Kicking off the musical spectacle was every choir’s rendition of “Hark the Herald Angels Sing.” The show demonstrated its versatility with seamless transitions between songs and groups. From the classic “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch,” sung by Voltage Unlimited to the more contemporary “Text Me Merry Christmas” by the Sparks, each performance showcase

d another side of the choir’s musical skill., captivating the audience with every note.

The choir’s choreography as well as their vocals captivated the audience. (photo by Rehansa Kulatilleke)

In the midst of the musical journey, backstage moments provided insights into the dedication and camaraderie of the choir members.  Shelby Webb, a singer in Pink Thunder, said, “It went really well. Keeping the energy up was a bit difficult for [Pink Thunder].” She spoke out about how “Oh Santa” was exceptionally easy since everyone seemed to love it with its high energy. Webb also said “People kept almost falling during practices, we had to catch those who almost did. But thankfully no one fell during the actual show.”

Not even an appearance by the Grinch could ruin the holiday spirit in the CHS theatre.

Culminating in a crescendo of emotions, the grand finale featured an audience sing along, allowing the audience to participate not only as observers, but as part of the show. The impeccable performance drew thunderous applause, with the choir members’ collective talent and dedication shining through, creating a memorable and resonant conclusion to the night.

The Winter Choir Show was more than a mere concert; it was a celebration of harmony and talent. As the echoes of applause lingered in the air, the night was a testament to the enchanting melodies and collective brilliance of the singers.