The Student News Site of Cypress High School

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Boy’s Basketball Season Opener: Triumphs and Challenges

photo by Roberto Cardenas
The boy’s basketball players know that practice is the key.

Cypress High School Basketball commenced their season with a record of 3-2. The season has witnessed notable victories against South Gate (73-39), Orangewood Academy (75-35), and Tesoro (73-54) as well as La Habra (73-58.) However, the team faced challenges encountering Fountain Valley (66-70) and Los Alamitos (77-87) 

Cypress High School Basketball set a formidable tone for the season with convincing victories. The team displayed outstanding offensive and defensive skills, dominating South Gate with a resounding score of 73-39. Similarly, against Orangewood Academy, they secured a commanding win with a score of  75-35. The clash with Tesoro resulted in another victory with over 70 points (73-54.) The path to success is often riddled with challenges, and Cypress High School Basketball encountered two formidable opponents, Fountain Valley and Los Alamitos. The team experienced a narrow defeat against Fountain Valley (66-70) and engaged in a spirited battle against Los Alamitos (77-87). These losses, while setbacks have provided valuable lessons for the team.

These experiences serve as catalysts for improvement, propelling the players to refine their strategies, enhance teamwork, and elevate individual skills. Every missed shot and a hard-fought point against them fuels Cypress High School Basketball’s determination to bounce back stronger and more resilient in the face of adversity.

Senior Team Captain, Michael Wright, shared insights into his mindset on the court. He emphasized a singular focus – “just to win.” Observing his peers, Wright expressed his desire to present himself as “a good role model.” His leadership on and off the court contributes to the team’s collective determination to succeed.

As the season unfolds, Cypress High School Basketball stands at a pivotal juncture, armed with experiences from victories and lessons from defeats. The players and coaching staff are gearing up for the challenges that lie ahead.

In the heart of the season, Cypress High School Basketball’s narrative continues to evolve one victory at a time.