The Student News Site of Cypress High School

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Centurion Spotlight

Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Top Ten Countdown of 2023 Anime

photo by Tyler Hernandez
This year’s shows, especially JJK, were all popular.

With 2023 ending, it’s good to look back on animes and see the top ten list for this year. 

1. Horimiya: The Missing Pieces

Horimiya

For the Horimiya lovers, a fun spin-off with extra content showing the antics of the high school friends. With so many humorous moments and clips spreading around this show gained quite a bit of popularity. Before watching you should see the main series Horimiya first!

1. Tokyo Revengers (Season 2)

Tokyo Revengers (photo by Tyler Hernandez)

Tis the season for action and sci-fi! With the manga series ending a second season of the anime was released. Watch as the Tokyo Manji Gang deals with Tetta Hisaki. Can the gang stand their ground or will they be forced to give up the gang? 

1. Scott Pilgrim Takes off

Scott Pilgrim Takes Off (photo by Tyler Hernandez)

The Seven Deadly Exes are back along with a new threat! This anime adaptation is based on the Scott Pilgrim books, game, and movie. With many of the original movie cast coming back for the anime! Scott can defeat exes but can he defeat himself?

1. Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead
Zom 100 Bucket List of the Dead (photo by Tyler Hernandez)

This humorous zombie series is full of adventure and comedy. Follow the misadventures of an office worker deciding to get a life in the undead world. Will Akira Tendo finish his list and finally live his life or will he end up becoming a lifeless zombie once more?

Spy x Family (photo by Tyler Hernandez)
  1. Spy x Family (Season 2)

Another season of whole shenanigans as Anya Forger tries to save the world! Watch as Anya tries her best to shine in the light and her “parents” fight in the dark. Can Anya befriend a high-level threat’s son? Will Loid complete his mission? What messes will they fall into?

1. Oshi No Ko (photo by Tyler Hernandez)

Oshi no Ko

Oshi no Ko arrived on the scene and immediately anime fans flocked to watch. Follow Ai’s children as one follows her footsteps and the other tries to uncover the truth of the idol business. Will Aqua find out the dark truth about his mother? Will Ruby be able to make it as an idol?

1. Bungo Stray Dogs (Season 5)

Bungo Stray Dogs (photo by Tyler Hernandez)

Right after season four ended a new season was announced. The Detective Agency faces a new threat. When the world is on the verge of collapsing the agency has to team up with old acquaintances and enemies to protect their loved ones. Can the agency save the world or will it all crumble?

1. Attack on Titan (Season 4 Part 3)

Attack on Titan (photo by Tyler Hernandez)

The finale is here! After years of fighting titans the scouting legions may finally know peace. Though this is the end of an anime that has been dear to many, people are happy to note that it was able to have a satisfying conclusion. 

Demon Slayer (photo by Tyler Hernandez)
  1. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 3)

Tanjiro’s journey to turn his sister Nezuko back into a human. However, two new upper moons would be more than happy to stop him! Thankfully some new Hashira are willing to lend a hand.

1. Jujutsu Kaisen (Season 2)

Jujutsu Kaisen makes a stunning return with a stunning season two. Many believe that they have even improved the character design and animation. The second season is full of memorable moments and action. Follow Yuji in his quest to seal the evil curse, Sukana, away forever.

Jujustu Kaisen (photo by Tyler Hernandez)