Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Girl’s Soccer Kicking Off The Season

photo by Nicole Woiemberghe
Senior Addy Osborne knows the team has worked hard.

The Girl’s Soccer teams are kicking it into the winter soccer season. So far the Girl’s Soccer teams have gotten two wins for Varsity and JV, against Fullerton and Ocean View. The Varsity game against Fairmont Prep was the first loss of the season, with the score of 0-1.

Varsity girl’s soccer is off to a great start. (photo by Nicole Woiemberghe)

Senior Team Captain, Addison Osborne, described the first win of the season, “ I think that it was well deserved and that we worked hard and I think it’s definitely going to set the tone of this season. I think that it is exciting that we came out of our first game with a win.” While leading the team to more wins there is also more room for improvement. “I feel that we will improve on team chemistry and working as a team, along with getting farther for CIF,” said Senior Team Captain Sierra Carter.

Addy Osborne is a captain of the team this year.

With another game against Fullerton the score of 2-0 from the JV team goals were scored by Allison Jen and Ruby Guerra. JV member Malena Felix talked about the first win of the season, “We did pretty well and it was a fair team. We won 2-0 and we definitely powered through them. We were passing a lot more than them and I feel like we deserved that win. ”

Senior Captain Sierra Carter is focusing on team building this year.

Coach Nicole Woiemberghe, Coach Krissy Barone, and Coach Courtney Allard have been leading the teams through their new season this year. Coach Woiemberghe has new goals and expectations, “We have a solid group coming back for the season with Senior Captain Sierra Carter in goal. She is a 4-year varsity member and brings a lot of leadership and experience to our defense. I am very much looking forward to this season and league. Also having our leading goal scorer from last year back, Addison Osborne back for her senior year will help guide our offense. Our goals are to win the last year of Empire League… and win CIF.”