Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

World Series Ends With A Bang!!!

photo by Carly
Texas Rangers won their first MLB World Series

The Texas Rangers won their first MLB World Series Championship, which was 52 years in the making with the help and support of their new manager, Bruce Bochy.  

They dominated the Arizona Diamondbacks and won the Series handily, four games to one. Although the Rangers have made it to the playoffs nine times, they have only made it to the World Series one time, making it their first World Series win!

To get to the World Series, the Rangers beat the Houston Astros in the ALCS (4-3),and the Diamondbacks beat the Phillies, in the NLCS (4-3).

Bochy is no stranger to managing in the World Series. He led the San Francisco Giants to three World Series titles.  Bochy has managed three teams: the Padres, Giants, and Rangers. This is his first year out of 26 seasons managing the Rangers. He went on a temporary retirement in 2019 and this is his first year back. When he retired,  he managed his grandson’s little league baseball team. He came out of retirement because the general manager of the Texas Rangers convinced him they were a good team to manage. 

Corey Seager, the Ranger’s shortstop, was named the 2023 World Series MVP. He won that same title back in 2020 when he played for the Dodgers. He is one of two players to win the MVP title in both leagues. Reggie Jackson was the other player to win the MVP title in both leagues. Nathan Eovaldi, the Rangers star pitcher (also a former Dodger player), helped them win two out of four of their games.  

Hopefully the Rangers take what they have learned and accomplished this season to future seasons to make it back into the World Series.