Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Getting A Driver’s Permit Doesn’t Have To Be Complicated

photo by Tyler Hernandez
Getting your driving permit involves practicing with a licensed adult.

Getting a driver’s license is a once-in-a-lifetime landmark in many people’s lives. It gives you the freedom to travel anywhere you want to go. 

Before starting the process of getting your driving license, you must meet the California requirements for applying. To do so, you must provide proof that you are a California resident and provide proof of your age and who you are like your birth certificate. Next, you must decide which class car you are driving, which is usually Class C non-commercial driving. 

Once that’s done, in California, you are required to take a permit test, which tests your knowledge of how road safety works and includes rules of the roads and safe driving practices. After passing the permit test, you can start practicing on the roads alongside a licensed driver. Practice is critical and essential; you must always be alert and safe when driving and practicing. Spend time behind the wheel with qualified supervisors and apply the rules you learned to the roads. 

Once you are confident, schedule your DMV test with your local DMV and bring all the necessary documents. On the test day, arrive on time and show off your confidence. Once you pass the test, you have met all the requirements and will be issued a license. Good luck!