Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The Nightmare Before Christmas Celebrates Its 30th Anniversary

A new limited edition of the film came out recently to celebrate its 30th anniversary.

Thirty years ago on October 13, 1993 The Nightmare Before Christmas was given a limited release but had its official release on October 29, 1993. The 30th anniversary of this movie is coming up and a large number of brands are celebrating it such as Boxlunch, Hot Topic, Disney, Target and more. Now 30 years later, Disney has remade this movie so it has higher quality and brands such as Target and Best Buy are selling the new limited edition Nightmare Before Christmas 30th anniversary DVD.

The Nightmare Before Christmas movie has been called a holiday classic about Jack Skellington, the Halloween town’s pumpkin king who stumbles upon a forest that has doors which lead to different holiday worlds. He ends up falling into the Christmas door and finds a whole new Christmas town and is curious and amazed about this new holiday. He goes back to his Halloween town and tries spreading what he learned. Soon after he visits houses like Santa Claus would do but puts his own twist on Christmas which goes seriously wrong. 

In honor of the 30th anniversary Disney is showing The Nightmare Before Christmas in theaters across the U.S and Canada on October 20th. Disney is also having their Oogie Boogie Bash at Disneyland California Adventure and transforming the Haunted Mansion ride to be The Nightmare Before Christmas themed. 

Even though this holiday film can be debated as either a Halloween or Christmas movie, the audience agrees that this film can fit into both categories and is a holiday classic.