Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

CHS Cross Country Defeats Tustin High

Boy’s start season with 4-1 record
Junior Mason Cobo shows off his JV medal for finishing 8th overall with a time of 18:17 in Empire League PreLims on September 28.
photo by courtesy of Mason Cobo

Cypress Cross Country is racing to a great season, with boy’s Varsity starting with a record of 4-1. Competing in their three-mile race on September 28th, the boys finished second in a field of six teams which included Valencia, Pacifica, Kennedy, Crean Lutheran, and Tustin. Cypress scored 50, beating four teams and falling only to Valencia’s score of 26. Isaiah Garma finished fifth overall for Varsity and was the first Cypress runner to finish. 

Girl’s Varsity (1-4) finished fifth out of the six schools, as Valencia again won first. Freshman Kristina Buttner placed 20th overall and was the first to finish for the Cypress. The hardest team that Cypress had to compete against was Valencia, which defeated both our boy’s and girl’s teams. 

The JV boys placed third out of four teams that competed. Cypress scored 69, beaten by Pacifica who scored 40 and Valencia who scored 18. Cypress JV Cross Country’s record stands at 1-2. Junior Mason Cobo placed 8th in the three mile and was the first Cypress runner to finish for the boy’s JV team. The girl’s JV team did not compete. 

The Frosh/Soph teams had a great day with the boys (5-0) scoring 42 and coming in first, beating Valencia, and continuing their undefeated season. Sophomore Thomas Okten finished third overall and was the first Cypress runner to finish on the team. 

The Girl’s Frosh/Soph team scored 73 and came in third. Freshman Allie Kim, finished 9th overall and was the first to finish for the Girl’s Frosh team. League Finals are scheduled for this Halloween, on October 31st at Craig Park.