Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Cypress Girl’s Volleyball Shows Discipline and Drive

photo by Cara Karpan
The Cypress vs Kennedy match ended with a loss for the Centurions, but the rematch is scheduled for Oct. 3rd.

The Cypress girl’s volleyball team has gone 3-3 so far this season. Early in the school year, the team had the opportunity to tour the University of Hawaii, Hilo and even though they have suffered some losses, they took the opportunity to come back even stronger.

On September 12, 2023, the team won an intense match against Pacifica High School by the score of 2-0. The team also defeated Tustin 3-0 on September 26th. Coach Alex Griffiths pushes the girls to be their best when they’re on the court or even when they’re off the court. The Cypress Girl’s Volleyball team has something that some schools lack, which is discipline and drive. Even when they come across challenges, they face them and come back stronger than before. 

The girls practice hard and strive to do their best as coach Alex Griffiths says, “it takes more than two hours of practice to get good and even when it gets hard, you need to stay motivated and keep pushing yourself.”  One result of motivation this season is new face, freshman Katrina Sokolowski being promoted from JV to varsity. 

The team’s best qualities are their energy and being supportive of one another, which is helping them motivate each other and inspire one another. Sophomore Leona Alexis, said that she’s looking forward to “playing against Kennedy, because we lost to them last time and want a rematch.”