Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NFL Playoffs Shine Through Bad Winter Weather

photo by NFL Instagram
The NFL playoff bracket has been full of few surprises so far.

As the 2023-2024 NFL season comes to an end, the playoffs kicked off with NFL wild card matchups. For the AFC division, the Cleveland Browns 11-6, being the 5th seed, faced off against the Houston Texans 10-7, Houston being the 4th seed. Rookie quarterback CJ Stroud and the Texans were able to come out victorious with a 45-14 win over the Browns and advance to compete against the 13-4 Baltimore Ravens, who clinched the 1st seed giving them a bye week meaning they didn’t have to compete in the wild card. 

The Miami Dolphins, (11-6), got to play a rematch against the Kansas City Chiefs, (11-6). The Chiefs, being the 3rd seed, got a home game advantage over the Dolphins who were the 6th seed. They played at Arrowhead Stadium where the temperature was negative four degrees. The Dolphins, used to warm weather, had to battle the Chiefs and the freezing cold temperatures. The Chiefs were able to come out on top with a 26-7 win to advance them to the next round against the 2nd seed, 11-6 Buffalo Bills who just defeated the 7th seed, 10-7 Pittsburgh Steelers, 31-17. 

The NFC division had some crazy games over the weekend. First the 2nd seed 12-5 Dallas Cowboys took on the 7th seed 9-8 Green Bay Packers with the score being 48-32 Packers securing the win and advancing to face the 1st seed 12-5 San Francisco 49ers. 

The 3rd seed, 12-5 Detroit Lions and the 6th seed, 10-7 Los Angeles Rams fought to the final second with the score being 24-23 Lions win. The final wild-card game of the weekend was the Philadelphia Eagles 11-6, playing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9-8. The Eagles were the 5th seed and the Buccaneers were the 4th seed. After the 32-9 heart-stomping loss for the Eagles, the Eagles center, Pro Bowl and first team All-Pro honors 2022 award winner Jason Kelce officially let media know he has played his last game in the NFL and is retiring at 36. 

You can watch the upcoming Divisional games on Peacock and other streaming services, which include the Houston Texans versus the Baltimore Ravens at 1:30PM on Saturday and then at 5:15PM the Green Bay Packers play the San Francisco 49ers. On Sunday the Detroit Lions take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 12:00PM and then at 3:30PM the Buffalo Bills play the Kansas City Chiefs.