Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

New Staff at Cypress Stands for You

photo by Kristy Takacs
New faculty staff works at the front desks of Cypress High School counseling office. (Dianna Vergara, Daryl Soriano, Jessica Olano)

Cypress High School is filled with new faces ready to learn, teach, and serve on campus. With new staff and faculty, Cypress is prepared for the school year more than ever before. 

In the reception area of the counseling office stands Daryl Soriano, working as the new records secretary. As the records secretary, Soriano is in charge of keeping all the school records, requesting them from other schools, sending them out to other schools, and taking care of work permits and transcripts if they need to go somewhere. Loving to stay organized and keeping everything together, Soriano was excited to take the spot when the position was available at Cypress. 

“Everyone is so easy to work with, so easy to communicate with, the school has a great vibe and is a great place to work for. All the students and staff are great so overall I’m loving it here. I look forward to staying here for a very long time.” His new coworkers include Registrar Dianna Vergara and Counseling Secretary Jessica Olano.

Believing that this opportunity was given through luck, Soriano is glad to help students with any questions. He can be reached out through email [email protected], or can be found in the counseling office.

In room 510, new math teacher Joseph Hoang teaches 9th grade and 11th grade math. This year being his 21st year of teaching, Hoang came to Cypress through an involuntary transfer from Kennedy High School. One difference Hoang notices between Cypress and Kennedy in learning the size and classes. Two schools are very similar, but Cypress has more students and AP classes. After only a month, Hoang is getting to know the school and students, being open to help. “During class, students can ask for help by raising their hands or use GoGuardian Chat.  Outside of class time, students can use email and attend tutoring at 8 am daily except Thursdays and 6th period/after school with notice.” Hoang can be reached through [email protected].

New staff and faculty members are willing to provide the best resources and help for students at Cypress High. Students can always reach out to teachers and supervisors of the school for questions or concerns throughout the school year anytime.