Check Out Our Instagram: @cypressjournalism
https://www.instagram.com/cypressjournalism/
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The Biggest NFL Offseason

The 2024 NFL offseason has been the most eventful it has been in years. For starters Derrick Henry who has been a Tennessee Titan for all eight seasons of his NFL career has been recently signed with the Super Bowl contending Baltimore Ravens. After his 50 million dollar deal with the Titans had ended and went into free agency, he agreed to a 16 million dollar two year contract with the Ravens. With Henry leaving, the Titans have left an empty hole in their offense. Currently they haven’t done anything to fix it. 

Another big trade was Kirk Cousins to the Falcons. Along with Cousins the Falcons had drafted a QB out of the University of Washington, 23 year-old Michael Penix. Which gives the Falcons a stacked 2025 QB room. 

The Kansas City Chiefs, whom were the Super Bowl fifty-eight champions, had one of the most significant draft picks of the night. The Chiefs had drafted Xavier Worthy who is a world record holder for completing the NFL combine’s fastest 40-yard-dash with a time of 4.21 seconds. Which broke the previous record of 4.22 held by John Ross. Xavier Worthy is a great offensive weapon who will be at Patrick Mahomes’ disposal.
    The Chicago Bears had the very first pick of the NFL Draft and after giving up their QB1, Justin Fields to the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Bears selected Caleb Williams who was a projected first round pick out of USC. In his senior year he had thrown for 3633 yards, 30 TDs, and 5 INTs. Which was one of the more impressive performances of the 2024 QB class. 

Houston Texans rebuilt their team around Rookie of the Year Quarterback CJ Stroud this offseason. They had recently acquired 4x Pro Bowler Stefon Diggs from the Buffalo Bills. Along with Cincinnati Bengals starting running back Joe Mixon. Gabriel Torres, a sophomore at Cypress had mentioned “how stacked the Texans are this season.” It’s safe to say the Texans have the talent to make the Super Bowl.